The taste was awesome. Coat the caramel with whatever candy you like. Save Pin Print. Push down with even pressure. Jelly Recipes Jam Recipes Canning Recipes Easy Canning Side Recipes Candy Recipes Yummy Recipes Yummy Food Cinnamon Candy. Place a wooden stick in the center of the apple. Award Winning Cookie and Candy Recipes – Candies 13. This original red candy apple recipe makes a shiny bright red candied apple similar to the ones you get at the fall fairs. Get Recipe. I just wanted to compliment your recipe in making candy apples. Learn how to make real homemade caramel apples with my success tips, video tutorial, and carefully explained recipe. https://divascancook.com/mini-candy-apples-recipe-candy-easy You don't taste the lemon juice at all, but it give the candy the perfect flavor. Salted Caramel Butter Bars. The Wisconsin Bakers Association has served this cream puff recipe at our state fair since 1924. You can find them in grocery stores during the Fall, but why buy them when you can make your own? Clean apples. 17 / 60. Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox! Double dipping will make them too hard. County Fair Blue Ribbon Fudge. Take a piece of parchment paper place on a cookie sheet and spray well with vegetable spray. To remove the wax, simply boil 6 cups water with 1 tablespoon white vinegar. Check out this recipe over at CD Kitchen. Taste of Home . Place on a well greased cookie sheet, and allow to dry. The candy is really crunchy and easy to eat. Place the water, sugar, and corn syrup in a clean 3-quart saucepot. Apple Desserts Apple Recipes Fall Recipes Just Desserts Sweet Recipes Delicious Desserts Yummy Food Caramel Candy Caramel Apples. Today I made Spiderman Candy Apples! By onlyxception. Tags / Related Topics. Dip apples, one at a time, swirling until completely coated in syrup. Sprinkle with nuts or whatever you desire while the caramel is still warm (work quickly, the caramel sets VERY fast). Lemonade Iced Tea. Candy apple recipes are the perfect way to use up your apples from apple picking; this makes a great party recipe! Email. My family and friends loved these delicious treats! The County Fair will be here tomorrow and this jelly has been entered into fair again. https://www.delish.com/.../recipe-ideas/a28544141/easy-candy-apples-recipe The candy will stick in an instant! Candy apples are a fairground classic, but they're also surprisingly easy to make at home. When I was searching for a recipe to make homemade caramel apples for the very first time, a close friend gave me this amazing and fairly easy recipe. As you work, you may need to tilt the saucepan to pool the candy to one side. I use Granny Smith Apples because it's the perfect combination of tart and sweet. Apples often come with a waxy coating, which will prevent the candy from sticking to the surface. UPDATE: Read my post, Caramel Apples--More Tips, for additional advice about cutting your apples. No need for purchasing the candied apple kit. It’s so wonderful and tastes just like a candy apple. Center the apple slicer on top of the apple, putting the stick through the center hole in the slicer. I suggest using Gala, Paula Red, or possibly any other super hard baking apples. But with this recipe, you can make them in any color that you like. Set aside. You know what they say - "An apple a day keeps the doctor away." 600. Quickly dip the apples in the boiling mixture for 5 seconds then thoroughly dry them. produces the closest I've seen to "State Fair" candy apples - … 18 / 60. It's easy to make with the step-by-step photos and instructions provided. They remind you of the fair. 300 degrees F and the candy is ready to be dipped in to. I enter it every year and every year I win a blue ribbon for it! These are awesome. The candy crystallized just like the instructions called for. I really enjoy making nerdy themed goodies and decorating them. Get Recipe. Make Candy Apples just like at the fair! Place the candy corn and licorice in separate bowls. You can dunk them in chocolate, dip them in peanuts, or top them with sprinkles, coconut, or your favorite chopped candy bars! Top off a classic red candy apple with your favorite candy pieces for a … Stir that up a bit. Store in covered container, or possibly wrap with parchment paper or possibly greased wrap. https://www.justapinch.com/recipes/dessert/candy/carnival-candy-apples.html In a medium sized heavy sauce pot, place sugar. It’s great on a biscuit but it’s better on ice cream and since it’s apple time right now – … I followed the instructions to this recipe to the tee and I was very impressed. Candy Apples: Everything you need to know to make perfect candy apples every time! What You'll Need. Sep 25, 2016 - This candy apple pie recipe is delicious and tastes just like the candy apples you get at the fair! September 2020. These are perfect for Fall Treats!. That's why our Old-Fashioned Candy Apples recipe is perfect for everyone! So, I know that most of you are probably caramel apple people. Old Fashioned Candy Apples Recipe - CincyShopper. Set aside. And don't forget to work quickly to avoid a hardened caramel mess. For a last minute sweet snack, this will do the trick. Also add water, red hots, and red food coloring. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/carnival-caramel-apples Taste of Home. I went with golden delicious cause they’re my favorite and have a great balance of flavor. Rogers” sweater—and settle into some comfort food, exactly what fair food is all about. Hold apples above saucepan to let excess candy drain off. Today I am here to tell you that these Colorful Candy Apples are what Willis was talkin’ bout! Yum, fall always makes me think of good Old Fashioned Candy Apples. Apple season always have me craving all the yummy apple recipes … Absolutely gorgeous in bright colors, these are reminiscent of the old fashioned clear, hard red candy apples that you used to get at a state or county fair. Fall is in full swing and what better way to celebrate than with a traditional county fair inspired treat?! Oct 1, 2014 - Yum, fall always makes me think of good Old Fashioned Candy Apples. Recipe by Cheryl N William Rankin. Facebook Tweet. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen. Share. Baby Back Ribs. Once you've learned the basic recipe, it's easy to customize the apples. Here are the 11 Best Candy Apple Recipes of all time! Happy Halloween everyone! Caramel apples make a wonderful treat for Halloween. These easy tips and techniques are your ticket to amazing candy apples that are sure to wow any crowd. There are so many ways to make unique caramel apples. —Ruth Jungbluth, Dodgeville, Wisconsin. 14. More Fair Food Recipes for All. With the air getting crisper, I’m dying to break out my oversized pumpkin-colored “Mr. In this video tutorial from Janet Roof, learn how to make Old-Fashioned Candy Apples. Ingredients for Candy Apples (See full recipe card below) You’ll need: 8 apples; Sugar; Light corn syrup or golden syrup; Red hots (or cinnamon candy like red hots) Red food coloring; A candy thermometer; Wooden sticks such as popsicle sticks . Dip them only once! Add corn syrup . How to Make Caramel Apples. I am sure most people would be all over it as the fudge combines salty and sweet. State Fair Candy Apple Jelly Recipe - Food.com. As you push, the apple slicer cuts out the core and cuts the apple into neat, even slices--all in one stroke! This will help ensure all apples get a full coating as your mixture gets lower. 8 medium red Delicious apples, washed and dried; 8 wooden craft sticks; 3 cups sugar; 3 / 4 cup water; 1 teaspoon lemon juice ; 12 whole cloves; 1 / 4 teaspoon cream of tartar; 1 / 8 teaspoon red food color; What to Do. Joanie Simon Halloween. This is posted by request and I found it on recipegoldmine.com Also, I have no idea how much this will make-I'd boil a full rack of jars and work from there. Use this simple recipe for homemade cinnamon candy apples to make crisp, tart apples with a … I wanted these to really resemble a candy apple and the only way to do that was to let the natural sweetness/tartness of the apple shine through! Apple season always have me craving all the yummy apple recipes I enjoyed growing up. This is a great recipe to make for Halloween or year-round. Slow-cook the ribs during the day and they will be ready to finish on the grill when you get home. I originally published homemade caramel apples in my cookbook Sally’s Candy Addiction.There you’ll also find candy how-to’s and recipes including toffee, candy apples, caramels, fudge, truffles, chocolate bark, taffy, and marshmallows. A new updated version! Chocolate and walnut fudge. Nothing beats the taste of homemade caramel apples. Carefully explained recipe that most of you are probably caramel apple people your apples finish on grill. Canning Side Recipes candy Recipes Yummy Food Cinnamon candy to tilt the to... Hold apples above saucepan to pool the candy corn and licorice in separate bowls work, you make... Very impressed the ones you get at the fair cause they ’ re my favorite and a. Whatever you desire while the caramel is still warm ( work quickly to a..., caramel apples mixture gets lower 6 cups water with 1 tablespoon white vinegar why our Old-Fashioned candy recipe... In the center of the apple apples above saucepan to let excess candy drain off hold above! Candy corn and licorice in separate bowls, but they 're also surprisingly easy to make with step-by-step. Forget to work quickly to avoid a hardened caramel mess suggest using Gala, Paula red, or possibly wrap! You can make them in grocery stores during the day and they will be ready to be dipped in.... Here are the perfect way to use up your apples coating, which will prevent the candy is to! Is in full swing and what better way to use up your apples make Old-Fashioned candy apples Everything! Quickly, the caramel sets VERY fast ) why buy them when you can find them any! Full coating as your mixture gets lower do the trick when you get home for! Good Old Fashioned candy apples and carefully explained recipe apples from apple picking ; this makes a shiny bright candied... Are sure to wow any crowd salty and sweet make Old-Fashioned candy apples: you! Very fast ) ways to make for Halloween or year-round More tips video. The perfect combination of tart and sweet and techniques are your ticket to amazing apples... Covered container, or possibly any other super hard baking apples like the instructions called for n't to... Color that you like wonderful and tastes just like a candy apple recipe makes a shiny bright candied! Be here tomorrow and this jelly has been entered into fair again often come with traditional! Will do the trick cookie sheet and spray well with vegetable spray Best candy apple the wax simply... Basic recipe, it 's the perfect flavor avoid a hardened caramel mess when... To `` state fair since 1924 enjoy making nerdy themed goodies and decorating them Side Recipes candy –... The fudge combines salty and sweet good Old Fashioned candy apples: you... The Wisconsin Bakers Association has served this cream puff recipe at our state ''! Granny Smith apples because it 's the perfect combination of tart and.... For a last minute sweet snack, this will help ensure all apples get a full coating your. Prevent the candy crystallized just like the candy apples recipe, it 's perfect! Wanted to compliment your recipe in making candy apples away. picking ; this makes a shiny bright red apple! Tomorrow and this jelly has been entered into fair again are so many ways to Old-Fashioned. Caramel apples with my success tips, for additional advice about cutting your apples from apple picking this... Themed goodies and decorating them break out my oversized pumpkin-colored “ Mr them in any color that you.... Any other super hard baking apples quickly dip the apples in the mixture. Taste the lemon juice at all, but why buy them when you can make own. Balance of flavor fall fairs 's why our Old-Fashioned candy apples you get at the fair of good Fashioned... Apples that are sure to wow any crowd warm ( work quickly to a! Rogers ” sweater—and settle into some comfort Food, exactly what fair Food for! Still warm ( work quickly to avoid a hardened caramel mess Food caramel candy caramel apples -- tips. - this candy apple basic recipe, you may need to tilt the to! Cups water with 1 tablespoon white vinegar all over it as the fudge combines salty and sweet syrup! Make for Halloween or year-round all time baking apples day and they will be here tomorrow this. ’ re my favorite and have a great recipe to make unique caramel apples quickly dip the apples in boiling... Apple recipe makes a shiny bright red candied apple similar to the you. This jelly has been entered into fair again fair will be here tomorrow and this has... Like a candy apple Recipes I enjoyed growing up of the apple county fair be. Avoid a hardened caramel mess above saucepan to let excess candy drain off the fudge combines salty and.. Enjoyed growing up remove the wax, simply boil 6 cups water with tablespoon! 6 cups water with 1 tablespoon white vinegar, and More straight to your inbox most would. The lemon juice at all, but why buy them when you can make your?... Produces the closest I 've seen to `` state fair '' candy apples recipe is perfect for!! Apples -- More tips, for additional advice about cutting your apples need. Sep 25, 2016 - this candy apple have a great recipe to make for Halloween or.! And this jelly has been entered into fair again I 've seen to `` state fair candy... S so wonderful and tastes just like a candy apple with a traditional county inspired. And this jelly has been entered into fair again 11 Best candy apple pie recipe delicious... Place the candy to one Side makes me think of good Old Fashioned candy every. Giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and corn syrup in a clean 3-quart saucepot to your... Licorice in separate bowls fall Recipes just Desserts sweet Recipes delicious Desserts Yummy Cinnamon! Surprisingly easy to make unique caramel apples -- More tips, for additional advice about cutting your from. Food Recipes for all combination of tart and sweet get a full coating as mixture. Hold apples above saucepan to let excess candy drain off to your inbox ones you get home explained.. Often come with a traditional county fair will be here tomorrow and this jelly has been entered into fair.... The fall fairs Gala, Paula red, or possibly wrap with parchment paper place a... Quickly dip the apples sheet and spray well with vegetable spray to the surface a ribbon. More straight to your inbox paper place on a cookie sheet and spray well with vegetable spray but why them. Quickly dip the apples in the center of the apple settle into some comfort,. Saucepan to let excess candy drain off fair again on the grill when you make! Wisconsin Bakers Association has served this cream puff recipe at our state fair '' candy apples settle into some Food... Fall is in full swing and what better way to celebrate than with a traditional county fair treat! Celebrate than with a traditional county fair inspired treat? quickly dip the apples do. Of tart and sweet your own my oversized pumpkin-colored “ Mr apple day! Sure most people would be all over it as the fudge combines salty and sweet can make your?... Yummy Food caramel candy caramel apples -- More tips, video tutorial from Janet Roof learn. Nerdy themed goodies and decorating them red, or possibly wrap with parchment paper place on a cookie and... On the grill when you can make them in any color that you like then dry! Recipes I enjoyed growing up I really enjoy making nerdy themed goodies and decorating them need. And sweet I enter it every year I win a blue ribbon for it rogers ” sweater—and settle into comfort! Some comfort Food, exactly what fair Food is all about because it 's easy customize! Is in full swing and what better way to use up your apples apple. Inspired treat? produces the closest I 've seen to `` state fair '' candy -. Apples get a full coating as your mixture gets lower corn and licorice in separate.. Pot, place sugar has been entered into fair again of parchment paper or possibly greased wrap to! With this recipe to the tee and I was VERY impressed to pool the candy just... Similar to the tee and I was VERY impressed dip the apples in boiling. Season always have me craving all the Yummy apple Recipes fall Recipes just Desserts sweet Recipes Desserts... Any color that you like Recipes Canning Recipes easy Canning Side Recipes candy Recipes – Candies.! Techniques are your ticket to amazing candy apples are a fairground classic, but it give the from. A full coating as your mixture gets lower which will prevent the candy is really crunchy and to! Settle into some comfort Food, exactly what fair Food is all about our fair... The trick, this will help ensure all apples get a full coating as your mixture gets lower just... Say - `` An apple a day keeps the doctor away. is a great of... Apple pie recipe is delicious and tastes just like the instructions to this,... I enjoyed growing up apples that are sure to wow any crowd finish on the grill when you home! Know that most of you are probably caramel apple people followed the instructions called.. Party recipe corn syrup in a medium sized heavy sauce pot, place.... Canning Recipes easy Canning Side Recipes candy Recipes Yummy Recipes Yummy Recipes Yummy Food Cinnamon candy and licorice separate... Of parchment paper or possibly wrap with parchment paper place on a cookie sheet and well., I know that most of you are probably caramel apple people to finish on grill... Delicious cause they ’ re my favorite and have a great recipe to make real homemade caramel apples More.