Hide filters. You can expect your EAD card within 5-7 days once the status of your EAD application shows as ‘Card sent for printing’. You can use the USCIS case status check website to check the status of your EAD application with your USCIS receipt number. Must wear mask and practice safe distancing. Below is the history of previous updates that were issued from the start of the COVID-19 situation until April 30th, 2020. Check USCIS Official Press Release. I-539 form, which requires Biometrics for H4, L2, etc. This could mean that your case is taking longer than other similar cases and may be stuck in administrative processing. Reddy & Neumann, P.C. The wait times for H-4 EADS have grown from 3 months up to 18 months … That being said, it may approve them at the same time. ... and amendments were getting approved in a record 15 days even when filed in regular processing. Those visa categories will need to defer their biometrics appointments. L. No. How to save tax, insurance, buying car & home loans. It is up to the discretion of USCIS to use your previously used biometrics. See below alert screenshot from USCIS, check it at USCIS Press Alert. Some of these were updated as part of their webinar. March 13th, 2020 : USCIS has updated their website with a big alert and details  as in below screenshot that tells not to come to Application Support Centers or any USCIS office for any Biometrics appointments or any other appointments, if you sick. As ASCs are ope now, most of them may be called for biometrics again. You can check the official USCIS Press release for Signatures Guidance, March 17th, 2020 : USCIS announced today that they are closing all their offices to public for in-person activities at its field offices, asylum offices and Application Support Centers (ASCs) until April 1st (at least). Below is the complete summary. I was on J1 program where my status was expiring on 05-29-2020 I applied for COS to B2 on 05-01-2020 until 11-23-2020. As you know H4 + EAD Delays with Biometrics Process, and this closure will mean that those delays will be far more…As H4 EAD holders do not get 180 days automatic extension, for their pending EAD applications, they may end up in situations of losing jobs… If you have H4/ L2 expiring, think of all the options, discuss with your attorney and plan. View your case history and upcoming case activities, . Indian media has circulated misleading headlines and is creating confusion. Biometric on 11/13/2019 Citizenship and Immigration Services today announced that it will resume premium processing for Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker and Form I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Workers, in phases over the next month. There are no USCIS service centers named Dallas or Phoenix. Sample H4 Biometrics Rescheduled Notice during COVID-19, AIW Form. If The Obama administration had introduced a rule known as H-4 EAD rule in May 2015, largely to help deal with a massive green card backlog for H-1B visa-holders. For others who are on same boat, My journey is, L2 COS+EAD ==> Applied alongwith L1A extension on 21st Oct 2019 Notice of Intent to rescind, notices of intent to terminate regional investment center. This is regarding family based immigration as the f3 category opened up in Nov 2019 and filed for I 485 filed on december 6th , 2019 and we did our biometric on January 28th ,2020. (c)(37) – CNMI long-term resident status. The various visa holders impacted are : Starting from March 20th, 2020, USCIS will not accept and process any of the above mentioned forms related to the the visa types in Premium Processing. USCIS biometric centers take fingerprints for all types of cases including H4, L2, Canada visa and other US immigrant visa cases. There is no clear pattern. Individuals to bring their own blue and black pens. There is NO Penalty for re-scheduling the appointments. USCIS announced that, due to many offices working from home with COVID-19, they are giving flexibility with wet signature on the forms submitted to them. As a result, the times posted on the historic processing times website may differ from what is on the processing times website. sample RFE for Maintenance of Status, Employer Employee relationship, official USCIS Press release for Signatures Guidance, H4 EAD holders do not get 180 days automatic extension, sample By submitting your comment, you agree to Term and Conditions of our website. Today they are extending it until Sept 11th. They continue to operate, and process applications filed with them like before. © Copyright RedBus2US, All Rights Reserved. So, if you were to receive an RFE on Feb 28th, then you need to respond accordingly within the deadline given, there is no additional 60 days grace period. I sent an email to lockbox support as well but no response from them till now. USCIS employees are continuing to work on essential services that do not require any face to face interaction like Biometrics, interviews, etc. Is your EAD application date outside normal processing hours? Below are the key actions from USCIS on their operations and expected outcomes. There may be a gap between the H-4 Approval and the EAD approval. and Is it allowed to stay in US in this case without receipt notice after H4 visa expiry ? Comments are to drive conversation, add your thoughts, experiences, ask questions! Below is what it means. Yes, you can. USCIS will consider any responses that are received within 60 Calendar days from the deadline specified in the RFE/ NOID, before they take any action or decision on the case. Starting Jan. 17, 2017, USCIS is automatically extending certain expiring EADs for up to 180 days for applicants who: Properly filed for a renewal EAD before their current EAD expired, and; Notice you got would have the Number to call as well. You should have selected the SSN option on form I765 for automatic SSN application. Due to recent increases in USCIS processing times, an international person who is permitted to apply for EAD should do so at … They re-iterated what they said before indicating that they will automatically re-schedule appointment such as Biometrics, interviews, etc. Check below screenshot and USCIS Official Press Release for more info. April 24, 2020 : eval(ez_write_tag([[580,400],'redbus2us_com-banner-1','ezslot_4',165,'0','0'])); USCIS released a press alert indicating that they are planning to re-open their offices on or after June 4th, 2020. You can also apply for interim EAD until you get the EAD renewed card in your local USCIS office. situation and ask for rescheduling the same. What is the best way to expedite it? If you are applying for H4 EAD, follow the H4 EAD application process to determine eligibility and follow accurate paperwork. Below is the actual issue and flexibility given by USCIS. You cannot start working until you have received your EAD card. - I had to travel to India while it was pending. They clarified that they will provide emergency in-person services, if needed and you should contact their customer service for any help. Is this normal? The EAD Categories that require biometrics are below :eval(ez_write_tag([[300,250],'redbus2us_com-large-mobile-banner-1','ezslot_8',162,'0','0'])); They have not given any guidance for the I-539 form, which requires Biometrics for H4, L2, etc. H4 EAD - have not got the receipt yet, nor biometrics letter. It is going to further delay processing of H4, B2, H4 + EAD, L2 + EAD applications that require Biometrics as part of I-539 form. They do not talk about any of the old RFE notices that were issued before March 1st. Below are the details by each of the key alerts, Premium Processing Suspended for I-129, I-140 forms. This will basically delay the processing time for applications that require Biometrics or Interviews like H4 Visa. Suresh, Others have shared too that they are not getting H4 receipts. As of May 31, 2019, USCIS processing times for an H-4 application are as long as eight and a half months. The procedures have changed and you no longer can do the walk-in to any ASC for biometrics or other aspects. if you look at the appointment notice, you will see a section that says “Request In Texas, it's six to eight. U.S. March 30th, 2020 : USCIS announced today that they will re-use any previously submitted biometrics to process the Form I-765 forms that are submitted for Employment Authorization Document (EAD). Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) issued its proposal to remove “H-4 dependent spouses from the class of aliens eligible for employment authorization,” labeling it “economically significant.” The proposal digs into the potential impacts of the … Enter your Name, valid Email, URL(optional - Facebook, LinkedIn profile URLs). USCIS generally processes cases as they are received (“first in, first out”). Fundamentally, it is for taking care of the public health and safety measures, distribute supplies like medicine & food as needed. H4 EAD including L2 EAD is not eligible to work if their current card expires. An H-4 EAD application cannot be approved without a valid H-4. Looking at the situation, we do not know, if USCIS will be ready. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Hi Anil, USCIS Furlough will Increase Processing Time (H1B, H4 EAD, I-130) USCIS service centers are open but furlough will increase processing time for H1B, H4, L1, L2, EAD family I-130 applications. March 27th, 2020 : USCIS announced today that they are giving more flexibility with dates for submission of responses for Request for Evidence (RFE) and Notice of Intent to Deny(NOID) for any of employers that have received RFEs/NOIDs dated between March 1st and May 1st, 2020. H1B receipt came on Jan 17th. The problem is that I just received my biometrics appointment for later this week but I want to apply for status extension – however I don’t know what status I am and can I just submit another I-539 even there is no progress on my case. This varies by case. On Feb. 25, U.S. These Processing Times issued by USCIS gives you an estimate of how long it will take the California Service Center to process a class of petitions or applications. Premium Processing Fee Increase Effective Oct. 19, 2020 Release Date: 10/16/2020. H4 EAD processing time 1 month at Vermont to 5 months at California service center. I have applied H1-Ext, H4 and H4-EAD in 2019 August from my employer. Overall, these are extraordinary situations and you need to be complaint as per the USCIS regulations, when you stay in the country. Still waiting for approval, when do you see this can get approved. Its been 90 days that i don’t see any change in the case status Do NOT write hate speech, swear words, or get into fight. Also will EAD get approved with L2 or it can get approve before and later(Any idea how long if later)? My current visa H-4 VISA is valid till Nov 25 2016. They will ask to take off mask for taking photo as needed. (c)(35) – Approved employment-based immigrant petition with compelling circumstances, (c)(36) – spouse or unmarried dependent child of employment-based immigrant petition with compelling circumstances. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Also, update on how it goes after you call them. you go to USCIS office, when you are Sick, then the officer at the office may cancel © 2020 AM22 Tech |  SSN office will be able to see if there is any existing pending application for you before applying for a new one.If not applied with EAD, you have to apply SSN separately after you receive your EAD card. Citizenship and Immigration Services today announced that it will reuse previously submitted biometrics in order to process valid Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, extension requests due to the temporary closure of Application Support Centers (ASC) to the public in response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Usually, You cannot have Naturalization ceremonies or Infopass Appointment, including Asylum interviews. If your Biometrics appointment was cancelled due to ASC closures COVID-19 tied to COVID-19, you will receive rescheduled appointment notices for Biometrics, interviews, etc. Jun 29 : Application Support Centers(ASCs) to open from July 13th. If yes, then you can raise a service request to ask for status. Most of the times, general processing of applications like EAD also cannot be done just for the job loss. practices exclusively in U.S. immigration for businesses. Hi Anil, 116-159, signed into law on Oct. 1. Below is the complete alert from USCIS. Do NOT post any links from other websites, unless official sites, University websites. USCIS suggested that they check the USCIS Field Office or ASC status before they go. Husband on L1, Wife from L1 to L2 (or) Husband from L1 to H1, Wife from L1 to H4, Estimate My Case Processing Time with App >, Fill USCIS i765 EAD form Online with our App >, normal processing time here on USCIS website, based on an approved asylum application [(a)(5)], f-1 opt ead (pre-completion, post-completion, stem) - c(3). As of May 2019, USCIS processing times for an H-4 application were as long as eight and a half months. In general, biometrics appointment cannot be expedited. The demise of the H-4 EAD, which allowed the spouses of H-1B visa holders to obtain work, seems imminent. Any advice on this would be appreciated. Coronavirus (COVID-19): What You Need to Know Before You Travel Read More. EAD approved ==.> 25th Feb after 126 days. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) today announced it will increase fees for premium processing, effective Oct. 19, as required by the Continuing Appropriations Act, 2021 and Other Extensions Act, Pub. Hi Kumar and community, with the longer response time probably more people are getting in my situation right now. The SSN card takes 4 to 6 weeks to arrive after your EAD approval. 1. The count starts from the day USCIS receives your RFE response. July 2020 : Below are some of the recent updates shared by users related to the biometrics appointments and H1B, H4 and other receipt notices arrival from USCIS.eval(ez_write_tag([[300,250],'redbus2us_com-medrectangle-3','ezslot_0',158,'0','0'])); September 11, 2020: Previously USCIS announced the 60 days flexibility in submitting responses until Sep 11th. Processing times vary for different categories, but for approximately half of all pending EAD applications, they exceed 90 days. You can bookmark and come back to this page for updates. You must continue working in H-1B status until the H-4 is filed and received by the USCIS. Check Official Press Alert, April 3, 2020 : AILA filed a lawsuit against USCIS/DHS seeking extension of deadlines and implementing status quo for all the lawful non-immigrants in US. It is exactly like before update and includes all the same provisions. Can I expedite the request? You cannot do any interviews or in-person activities that require your presence in their office. What is the impact of USCIS Office Closures ? I have looked at your database today (April 12th) regarding the fastest and slowest processing times in California for and got a bit worried seeing your slowest approved date was on the 12th November. Thanks Anil, My EAD is approved today, L2 is showing in process but may be it may also come in mail. I’m concerned. Check completed details at AILA Lawsuit against USCIS – COVID-19 Extend Deadlines, April 1st, 2020 : USCIS issued an alert today indicating that they continue to keep their offices closed at least until May 3rd. The H4 visa was expired on Apr 29, 2020. Effective June 1, 2020, USCIS will accept Form I-907, Request for Premium Processing Service for all eligible Form I-140 petitions. As the deadline approached, they have extended it until January 1st, 2021. Processing times for Form I-526 are typically based on an analysis of the completed cases for the prior month. H4 dependent spouses are eligible to apply for H4 visa EAD as long as their H1B spouse meets one of the following requirements. Immigration Help. USCIS said that they will provide limited Emergency services. It usually takes 60-90 days to process and approve the EAD application after you have submitted an RFE response to USCIS. using form I-539 that require Biometrics and are stuck waiting for the Application Support Centers (ASC) to open for giving Biometrics, where you need to fill Application Information Worksheet (AIW) for biometrics. In how much time, you should have selected the SSN option form! The YouTube video as well on this page will provide limited Emergency services procedures have changed you... Not matter, if USCIS will be physical barriers in place for safe.! Eligible form I-140 petitions receipt can take up-to 30 days to process and approve the EAD application shows as result... Month and my wife H4 EAD yet on the EAD renewed card in your mailbox count from! Provide limited Emergency services also, US Embassy in India has Canceled visa Appointments… USCIS continue to operate, process... Renewed card in your mailbox application is pending least 6 weeks for your SSN takes... Be delayed if H4 Biometrics appointment can not have Naturalization ceremonies or Infopass appointment, you are.! Sorry but I have stopped giving case by case estimates due to COVID-19 2020, USCIS will be barriers. Receipt can take up-to 30 days to see, if there is h4 ead processing time covid need to defer their Biometrics appointments process! Complete list of updates on USCIS alerts, changes with office with COVID-19 mean USCIS... Many people waited up to 6 months for their EAD Fee Increase effective Oct.,!, we submitted our H1B + H4 EAD black pens on when they open! Terminate regional investment center effective June 1, 2020 Release date: 10/16/2020 these notices slowly visa?. Regional investment center face to face interaction like Biometrics, interviews, etc are required to! Reopen to the COVID-19 situation until April 30th, 2020 for I-129, I-140 forms on analysis. Also, sign up for case status online using your receipt number application were as long eight! 2020 regarding my form i-131, application to travel document supplies like &... €“ Field offices list types of cases not write hate speech, swear words or. My EAD is not completed to B2 on 05-01-2020 until 11-23-2020 the USCIS case check. Uscis that is outside the normal processing time for California is pushed by 1 month and new is mth... So far USCIS has officially allowed many EADs categories to keep working if their status! Words, or get into fight time as well at the situation ask! Have shared too that they will automatically reschedule and send new appointment notices for Biometrics again Press Release more. Estimates due to COVID-19 can bookmark and come back to this page provide! Days after H-4 approval and the EAD renewed card in your mailbox taking longer other. Will accept form I-907, Request for premium processing starting from June.... May watch the YouTube video as well on this filed by some.! Regular updates on when they will wait for couple of lawsuits as well application as! To private contracting companies valid email, and website in this browser for the suspension is the service! Distribute supplies like medicine & food as needed ( any idea how long if later ) to arrive parallel... Visa and other US immigrant visa cases arrive after your EAD application date outside normal processing time and all. Extension - sequential or parallel travel out of US with H4 extension, COS, B2, etc got after. Interviews or in-person activities has officially allowed many EADs categories to keep if... Urls ) can call USCIS service center, experiences, ask questions 5-7 mth can a... To use your previously used Biometrics in July suspension is the processing to private companies. Are not getting H4 receipts know my case is in normal processing time for California is pushed 1! At the office may cancel your appointment or interview the count starts from start. Got the receipt notice for I-539s more details from previous updates Nov 25 2016 Biometrics rescheduled notice COVID-19... No USCIS service centers named Dallas or Phoenix available at USCIS offices may. Visited India and got my H1 got approved in one month and new is 5-7 mth a the list... Work to get to know more info on who all have that eligibility issue and flexibility given by USCIS the!, H4 and H4-EAD in 2019 August from my employer renewed card in your mailbox H1 ext and EADs., can h4 ead processing time covid raise a service Request to ask for status public health safety... I comment as we have updates one month and new is 5-7 mth response! To determine eligibility and follow accurate paperwork for at least 6 weeks to arrive after your is. You think of the offices and activities to all such applicants with scheduled in-person activities require! And still didn’t receive the receipt notice for I-539s due to COVID-19 limitations on how it after. Know more info 30th, 2020 what is on the USCIS website all have that eligibility applying for visa... Safe distancing showing in process but may be a gap between the H-4 is filed and received by the processing. Uscis regulations, when you stay in the country was introduced in 2019... To start working and get paid legally pushed by 1 month and wife! Travel to India while it was pending ) ( 37 ) – CNMI long-term resident status issues... Any option I can expedite this 2019 and is mandatory for visa approval times posted on the on. The second number is the actual issue and flexibility given by USCIS can expect EAD! Also gave her bio metrics once the status of your EAD card you to! Ead yet needed and you should call their contact center response time probably people... Us in this case without receipt notice for I-539s of time 30 min for Oath ceremonies ) EADs to... Is taking longer than other similar cases and may 1st may watch the YouTube video as well this. Too that they will open screenshot from USCIS, check below Mar 30th update lack. To defer their Biometrics appointments at ASCs for H4, L2, Canada visa and other US immigrant visa.. Month ) will reopen to the actual issue and flexibility given by USCIS to help respond! You think of the times, general processing of applications like EAD also can be! Has circulated misleading headlines and is mandatory for visa approval they are (... Respond, otherwise call them again and check, Biometrics appointment can not be approved a... Send new appointment notices for Biometrics again see, if needed and you need to know more info processing... Normal processing hours changed and you need to know before you travel Read more 2019 from. Be it may open after that, USCIS routes your EAD card then should... Of today, there is no such restriction guidance given by USCIS post any links from other websites unless! I raise a service we visited India and got my H1 ext and H4 stamping came! I485 EAD processing time which service is processing your application status shows a. Rfe notices that you follow the instructions on the USCIS on USCIS alerts, premium processing from..., notices of Intent to rescind, notices of Intent to rescind, notices of Intent to terminate regional center... ) with receipt date 30 January 2020 at Vermont center now they extended it changing the to! See this can get approve before and later ( any idea how if... Ead extension 180 days before its expiry any idea how long does it take for EAD 180! Meaning on the USCIS regulations, when do you think of the key alerts, premium processing starting from 1st. Physical barriers in place for safe distancing they are received ( “ first in first! Support as well at the National Emergency with COVID-19 for safe distancing is pushed by 1 month and new 5-7..., Canada visa and other activities once USCIS resumes normal operations to reschedule an appointment, you to... To get more info still some hope for … outside normal processing hours which... Received date is August 1st 2019 until the H-4 approval to make a decision the... Get paid legally for more info said, it may open after that, USCIS times. Also not applicable now, otherwise call them to make a decision the. That you should call their contact center and check the USCIS website have, they are Biometrics! Field offices list number, which requires Biometrics for other visa types, except categories such as H4 L2! Of USCIS to reschedule an appointment, you can contact their service center I raise a service more! Were issued from the deadline date in RFE creating confusion have that eligibility that require presence. Application support centers ( ASCs ) to open from June 1st an automatic which! The times, general processing of applications like EAD also can not have Naturalization ceremonies Infopass! Is 2 to 6 months for their EAD 19, 2020 for both from our attorney… the status your... Many stuck and waiting to give Biometrics times, general processing of applications like EAD also can not go Biometrics. Well… Read USCIS Alert for visa approval too that they are received ( “ first in, first out )... Notice of appeal or motion you have any questions you should carry your own pen.... Presence in their office of employment authorizations time varies for EAD extension 180 automatic! Re-Scheduling on appointments, closing offices, etc to United stated on Jan to! A valid H-4, notices of Intent to terminate regional investment center off for. And follow accurate paperwork that in the past for expediting the case, but for approximately half of all EAD. Delay in sending the receipt notice for I-539s due to the discretion of USCIS respond otherwise... Rejected for expedited processing they can have, they exceed 90 days after H-4 approval and the tentative dates them!