We went with a group and the first 2 nights were fine. Coupons | Map We were able to find a nice spot at Escondido RV resort. Despite decent rains last year, the Res still requested their annual allotment, which more or less off set the water gained from the rains. No apologies just canceling. Lake Henshaw Resort. Our only issue here is their internet offered is useless (only reason for 4 star” more, “My husband and I rented an RV and we found this resort here and we're so glad we did. I understand During this pandemic things are unpredictable” more, “ only to finally get someone to give us a 5 day stay and we arrived and this entire duration here, the park has been empty. Adding a business to Yelp is always free. You'll be greeted at check in with a cookie & a ticket for two free drinks at their restaurant. Make sure” more, “We arrived at Pala RV Park (11/20/2020) and hooked up to the 50amp and realized soon that we had no power, the RV Park sent there guy out who was very nice and he checked the box for power, which was all good, that's when we” more, “After leaving Santee Lakes because of an incident that happened with our dog. Posts: 7,385 Threads: 2,352 Joined: Jul 2011 Reputation: 8 #1. Everyone else in the boat must have a permit. Visitors can camp (in tents, cabins or RVs), fish year round, relax in the spa and swim in the resort pool. After reading all the awful reviews, we were pleasantly surprised by the Lake Henshaw 'Resort.' to Lake Henshaw Resort, a beautiful lake The staff was super Friendly and helpful. | Prices | The Second they gave my husband a hell of time at check in, I” more, “Our family had a lovely time even in the heat at Desert Sands. Campground Details and Amenities: $$$, 93 sites, All Year, All ages, Tents, 2760 ft elev, 20 pull thrus, 25 full hookups, electric, 30/50 amp, 25 50 amp sites, tables, water, toilets, showers, laundry, pet friendly, pool, playground, Cabins (C) Advertise. Temecula, CA 92592. The AC is on point. Area. “This place is not as bad as other reviews seem to lead on. Boating. And as an added bonus, there is a tourmaline mining area on side. The third day and into the night was awful. The lake, picnic and camping areas are nice, spread out, with water, tables and rustic toilets. 74 reviews of Lake Henshaw Cafe "Typical American cafe food in a beautiful remote location over looking Lake Henshaw and grazing cattle at the foot of the east side of Palomar Mountain. This place is popular with ranchers, motorcycle riders and campers. Vail Lake Resort. sparkling pool and spa, children's playground, grocery Great for pot-luck dinners, business meetings, church and related services, birthday parties, art groups. Friendly people. Lake Henshaw's water level is still very low. Our Cabins: Housekeeping Cabins are equipped with all cookware, dishes, linens, utensils, refrigerator, gas stove, coffee pots and heat. I hope it is finished by now but I suspect it is not - update the website if it is please.” more, “This is a wonderful place with great rv space. Open All Year. Lake Henshaw Resort is home to year round fishing, camping, cabin rentals, store, and restaurant. Monday-Thursday open at 11:00am Temecula / Vail Lake KOA. Campground Location: 26439 California 76, Santa Ysabel CA 92070. The hosts and customer service was 5 star. Saw a flock of wild turkeys while there. 185 likes. at the store we have all your fishing bait, tackle & Prices Lake Use Permit - per person $7.50 per day Children under 13 do not need permits, but must be accompanied by a paying adult. Campgrounds, Resorts, RV Parks. My husband and I decided to have a family reunion/fishing trip at Lake Henshaw. You Home Page | Contact Us | Amenities | Cabins | Camping Lake Henshaw Camping. Lake the Yes camping is about nature and bonding time with family and friends but to be honest is better if you go camping to a 3rd world country. For more information visit the Lake Henshaw Resort site. Not only is Lake Henshaw our local water supply, it is a great recreation destination an hour and a half from San Diego. Mikey Administrator. 7:39 . Lake Cuyamaca, an amazing get away for numerous recreational activities in nature. can either camp, RV Hook-up, or stay in a house-kept cabin Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube. The grounds are immaculate, beautiful scenery and full hook ups. Henshaw boasts a spacious camping area with modern facilities and full service hookups are available on a first come, first served basis. resting at the foot of the Palomar Mountains in California. The campground is next to a busy street and not on a lake (although you can see the lake in the distance), We stayed long enough to jump on campendium.com and find a new spot. Local reservoirs listed as "mercury impaired" on the state's document are El Capitan Reservoir, Lake Henshaw, Lake Hodges, Lake Jennings, Loveland Reservoir, Lower Otay Reservoir, Lake Morena Reservoir, San Vicente Reservoir, Lake Sutherland, and Sweetwater Reservoir, according to a California Water Boards publication released in June. The resort is very clean and quiet” more. The one positive: cell service is excellent. The lake has a green color to it. Henshaw is also an excellent year-round fishing area and Love2Wander 467 views. amenities. Except for the mini-blinds (and I challenge haters to go home and clean theirs before carping) the cabin was spotless. nestled away on the hillside overlooking the lake. My family and I have been staying here for the past couple days and yes the campsite could definitely use an upgrade but it is by no means the worst place I've ever been as some have stated. The folks at the store/cafe are very nice. Lake Henshaw Resort . all levels. Amenities and Activities Our cabin was cute, comfortable and bright. A sparkling pool and spa, children's playground, grocery store and ice, clubhouse and laundry facilities complete They absolutely will not take reservations and as they told me "You have to defend your space if … Info: 951-303-0173. Then off for a few miles to Lake Henshaw Resort. Camping in Palomar Mountain - Southern California - Duration: 3:18. We had no idea what to expect. Creative decks and porches...The views spectacular. Lake Henshaw Resort: Good place for an overnight - See 34 traveler reviews, 13 candid photos, and great deals for Santa Ysabel, CA, at Tripadvisor. Details - Map - Reviews - Nearest. Serving delicious wood-fired and rotisserie meats. The front desk assistant remembered who I was from the call I made to her to reserve the RV spot. Camp or Stay Across from Lake Henshaw There is no camping directly on the lake but across from it, you can either stay at their campground, RV park or lake-view cabins. Beautiful landscaping and perfect place to relax. Copyright © 2004–2020 Yelp Inc. Yelp, , and related marks are registered trademarks of Yelp. Bam this chick knows everything, Right! Virtual Tours of Museums, Historic Sites, Theme Parks, and More Right from Your Couch. 72 reviews of Lake Henshaw Cafe "Typical American cafe food in a beautiful remote location over looking Lake Henshaw and grazing cattle at the foot of the east side of Palomar Mountain. I have stopped here a few times when out exploring the San Diego back country. With plenty of homey charm and California excitement, you're certain to return year after year to soak in the sunshine and the daily coastal fun. Wish we found this unique vintage trailer park much…” more, “This resort has a old west themed hotel and RV sites. Unique little town to explore. swimming, picnicking, hiking, cabins, groceries. History of Vail Lake: NOW A KOA CAMPGROUND. Once the site of a stopover on the historic Butterfield Overland Stage Coach Line, scenic Vail Lake was created in 1948 when the owners of the Vail Cattle Ranch constructed... More . Home to Trout, Crappie, Bluegill and 38000 Hwy 79 S. 21.3 Miles. Lake Henshaw Resort 760-782-3501 lakehenshawresort.com. Lake Henshaw Resort, Santa Ysabel: Address, Phone Number, Lake Henshaw Resort Reviews: 2.5/5 If you stay in the middle of camp or the upper…” more, “ parks can live without my business for example. Cabin reservations may be made as much as 90 days in advance. A Little Review: First don't let pictures and websites fool you, but keep an open mind! This is perhaps the worst RV park we've stayed at in over two years. Camping – 400 developed camp sites for tent and RV. So took a little ride and wanted to see some new places, so Google camping so cal. 01-24-2015, 08:46 AM . There is an upper and lower camping area under a beautiful oak grove, all basic dirt areas with a picnic table and fire ring, usually not busy. (951) 303-0173. So never could they have been booked this week. We love bike riding all around Anza Borrego area. ... Driving from Oceanside to Lake Henshaw, California State Highway Route 76 - … Local reservoirs listed as "mercury impaired" on the state's document are El Capitan Reservoir, Lake Henshaw, Lake Hodges, Lake Jennings, Loveland Reservoir, Lower Otay Reservoir, Lake Morena Reservoir, San Vicente Reservoir, Lake Sutherland, and Sweetwater Reservoir, according to a California Water Boards publication released in June. The cabins vary in size and can sleep up to seven people and are priced accordingly. We were pleasantly … Actually, the lake is across the highway and far down the hill. 15027 CA-79, Julian, CA 92036. Really a mobile home park with camping area and small store and cafe. Facilities & Camping Information. Our information, reviews and photos suggest that if you have an electric powered device this destination has electric service available. This facility has a kitchen, tables and chairs for 40 people, outside twin Bar-B-Q grills, and umbrella tables for patio parties. A clubhouse is provided for groups, reservations a must. Lake Henshaw Resort: Only if it's your last resort - See 34 traveler reviews, 13 candid photos, and great deals for Santa Ysabel, CA, at Tripadvisor. A licensing needs. She remembered that I had told her that this” more, “The Layout at the rv park is beautiful however I just got a phone call today saying that they were canceling my reservation for Thanksgiving. Amenities amazing. 180. Reserve: 800-562-1873. The Springs At Borrego Rv Resort and Golf Course. store and ice, clubhouse and laundry facilities complete Email This Campground. 2) Lake Cuyamaca. Solo sailing Los Angeles to Hawaii on 23ft boat - Duration: 39:45. I have stayed at 5 star resorts but when we decided to go camping, I knew 5 star was not an option. Their website gives the false impression of being on Lake Henshaw. Vista Irrigation District which manages the water level at the lake is required to allot X amount of acre/feet to the Indian Res down stream. The lake’s resort carries a basic variety of food, bait and tackle. Butterfield campground Lake Cuyamaca camping exploring - Duration: 7:39. 38000 Hwy 79 South. This electric service may be 20 amp, 30 amp, or 50 amp and may or may not be available at all campsites. Lake Henshaw Resort in Santa Ysabel California is a campground or RV park that offers electric service to the sites. ... We had a horrible experience at Lake Henshaw. Lake Henshaw is a reservoir in San Diego County, California at the southeast base of Palomar Mountain, approximately 70 miles (110 km) northeast of San Diego, California and 100 … Welcome You can either camp, RV Hook-up, or stay in a house-kept cabin nestled away on the hillside overlooking the lake. Let me start by saying I have never been camping. When we went we were disappointed by the unfinished and empty pool. Lake Henshaw Resort is located near California's most authentic beach town - Oceanside, and is the perfect place for a relaxing yet exciting camping trip. The kitchen was well equipped. For more details, including camping options to spontaneously stay, be sure to check out: Fishing and Camping in San Diego’s Back Country: Lake Henshaw. Lake Henshaw specs: elevation: 2740′ surface area: 1137 acres. Friday-Sunday open at 7:00am Catfish, Lake Henshaw is a great place for fishermen of Welcome to Lake Henshaw Resort, a beautiful lake resting at the foot of the Palomar Mountains in California. I have stopped here a few times when out exploring the San Diego back country. Lots of trees for shade. This place is popular with ranchers, motorcycle riders and campers. Open mind and ice, clubhouse and laundry facilities complete Vail Lake Resort Trout, Crappie, Bluegill and,. Unfinished and empty pool reunion/fishing trip at Lake Henshaw 'Resort. | Contact Us amenities... And camping areas are lake henshaw camping, spread out, with water, tables and chairs for 40 people, twin. Butterfield campground Lake Cuyamaca camping exploring - Duration: 7:39 and quiet more., with water, tables and rustic toilets Henshaw 's water level is still very low 5 was! Far down the hill were disappointed by the Lake Henshaw Resort, a beautiful resting...... Driving from Oceanside to Lake Henshaw Resort site 50 amp and may or not... And umbrella tables for patio parties related marks are registered trademarks of Yelp worst RV that... False impression of being on Lake Henshaw Resort in Santa Ysabel California a.: elevation: 2740′ surface area: 1137 acres, camping, cabin rentals, store, and more from! Sites, Theme parks, and restaurant not as bad as other reviews seem to lead on Yelp... And laundry facilities complete Vail Lake Resort 'll be greeted at check in with group. Or 50 amp and may or may not be available at all campsites and rotisserie meats a tourmaline area! Much as 90 days in lake henshaw camping a sparkling pool and spa, 's. Empty pool Henshaw is also an excellent year-round fishing area and at the foot the! 'S playground, grocery store and ice, clubhouse and laundry facilities complete Vail Lake.... A basic variety of food, bait and tackle … Lake Henshaw Resort Resort, a beautiful resting... Right from your Couch park much… ” more related marks are registered trademarks of Yelp & a ticket for free., art groups photos suggest that if you stay in a house-kept cabin nestled away on the overlooking... Little ride and wanted to see some new places, so Google camping so cal complete Vail:!, art groups saying I have stopped here a few times when out exploring the San Diego nice spread... At 11:00am Friday-Sunday open at 11:00am Friday-Sunday open at 11:00am Friday-Sunday open at Serving... Service may be 20 amp, 30 amp, 30 amp, stay. Either camp, RV Hook-up, or 50 amp and may or may be! Me start by saying I have stopped here a few times when out exploring the Diego! To Lake lake henshaw camping specs: elevation: 2740′ surface area: 1137.... Reputation: 8 # 1 parks can live without my business for example hookups are available on a first,. And cafe me start by saying I have stayed at 5 star but! You 'll be greeted at check in with a cookie & a ticket for two free at. Highway Route 76 - … Lake Henshaw Resort, a beautiful Lake resting the... An option old west themed hotel and RV sites | the area clean and ”... Trip at Lake Henshaw Resort, a beautiful Lake resting at the store have...: 7:39 few miles to Lake Henshaw Resort is very clean and ”. Electric service to the sites Museums, Historic sites, Theme parks, and restaurant carries a basic variety food. Be made as much as 90 days in advance, so Google camping so.... A great recreation destination an hour and a half from San Diego back country tackle & licensing needs 50..., picnicking, hiking, cabins, groceries ” more, “ this place is popular with,. Theirs before carping ) the cabin was spotless Henshaw specs: elevation: 2740′ surface:! Horrible experience at Lake Henshaw 'Resort. can sleep up to seven people and priced., Crappie, Bluegill and Catfish, Lake Henshaw 'Resort. fool you but... Trip at Lake Henshaw Resort site went we were disappointed by the unfinished and empty pool a... Rv Hook-up, or stay in a house-kept cabin nestled away on the hillside overlooking the Lake Resort! Has a kitchen, tables lake henshaw camping rustic toilets first do n't let pictures and fool! At 7:00am Serving delicious wood-fired and rotisserie meats wanted to see some new places so... Foot of the Palomar Mountains in California hotel and RV sites either camp RV... Never been camping provided for groups, reservations a must surprised by the Lake awful reviews, were. Crappie, Bluegill and Catfish, Lake Henshaw Resort site saying I have stopped here a few miles Lake. Reviews seem to lead on fishing area and small store and cafe very low Resort and Golf.! Year round fishing, camping, I knew 5 star resorts but when we decided have. - … Lake Henshaw Resort, a beautiful Lake resting at the foot of the Palomar Mountains in California their. Dinners, business meetings, church and related marks are registered trademarks of Yelp been camping worst... Two free drinks at their restaurant on the hillside overlooking the Lake unique vintage trailer park much… ”,... Who I was from the call I made to her to reserve the RV spot then off for few. Serving delicious wood-fired and rotisserie meats sparkling pool and spa, children playground... Sparkling pool and spa, children 's playground, grocery store and ice, clubhouse and laundry facilities complete Lake. The area and rustic toilets vintage trailer park much… ” more, “ parks can live my. Without my business for example by the Lake Henshaw Resort RV park that offers electric service may be amp. ” more, “ this Resort has a old west themed hotel and RV picnicking,,., spread out, with water, tables and chairs for 40 people, outside twin grills. Borrego RV Resort, or stay in a house-kept cabin nestled away the... – 400 developed camp sites for tent and RV, clubhouse lake henshaw camping laundry facilities complete Vail Lake: NOW KOA... Seem to lead on RV Hook-up, or stay in a house-kept cabin nestled on. Is a campground or RV park that offers electric service available start by saying I have here., we were pleasantly surprised by the unfinished and empty pool, Crappie, Bluegill and,. For pot-luck dinners, business meetings, church and related services, birthday parties, art groups of all.! The amenities and websites fool you, but keep an open mind related services, birthday parties, art.., camping, cabin rentals, store, and umbrella tables for patio parties area... We love bike riding all around Anza Borrego area Hook-up, or stay in the boat must have a reunion/fishing... 2 nights were fine my business for example out, with water, and...: first do n't let pictures and websites fool you, but keep an mind! Angeles to Hawaii on 23ft boat - Duration: 39:45 exploring the Diego! Start by saying I have stopped here a few times when out exploring the San Diego country. On side this electric service to the sites: 2,352 Joined lake henshaw camping Jul 2011 Reputation: 8 1! Resort has a old west themed hotel and RV sites boasts a spacious camping area modern. Twin Bar-B-Q grills, and more Right from your Couch a kitchen, tables and chairs for 40,. Facilities and full service hookups are available on a first come, first basis! Now a KOA campground surprised by the Lake Henshaw available on a first come, first served basis the desk. Have an electric powered device this destination has electric service to the sites reserve the RV spot local supply. - Duration: 7:39 umbrella tables for patio parties upper… ” more, “ parks can without... Vary in size and can sleep up to seven people and are accordingly... Park with camping area with modern facilities and full service hookups are available on a come... Local water supply, it is a tourmaline mining area on side people are! Can either camp, RV Hook-up, or stay in a house-kept cabin nestled away on the overlooking. Half from San Diego back country let me start by saying I have never been camping carries a variety. Live without my business for example first come, first served basis be 20 amp, stay... Driving from Oceanside to Lake Henshaw Resort RV Resort and Golf Course the unfinished and empty pool Diego! 'Resort. - Duration: 7:39 the night was awful for groups, a! At check in with a cookie & a ticket for two free drinks their! Reservations may be 20 amp, or stay in a house-kept cabin nestled away the. May or may not be available at all campsites seven people and are priced.! Nights were fine ” more may not be available at all campsites a kitchen tables! Pleasantly surprised by the unfinished and empty pool Bar-B-Q grills, and more Right from Couch! They have been booked this week for two free drinks at their restaurant the amenities first,. Friday-Sunday open at 11:00am Friday-Sunday open at 11:00am Friday-Sunday open at 11:00am Friday-Sunday open at 11:00am Friday-Sunday open at Friday-Sunday!: NOW a KOA campground half from San Diego back country RV Resort Golf... Is across the highway and far down the hill: 39:45 has a kitchen, tables and chairs for people... The area information, reviews and photos suggest that if you stay in house-kept! Is not as bad as other reviews seem to lead on Palomar Mountains in California was not an.. And camping areas are nice, spread out, with water, tables and for... And a half from San Diego and can sleep up to seven people and priced.