I left the South Rim of Grand Canyon late in the afternoon of August 10, 2008 with friends Jamie and Michael. I have ne ver hiked in such deep The trail starts from Bryce Point (which by itself is a great place for sunrise) and descends into the canyon for a mile or so, before joining up with the Peek-a-boo loop. Spooky can be combined with Peek-a-boo Gulch to make a fun loop hike. The hardest part of Peek-A-Boo Gulch comes right at the beginning. One of our local gems is Red Canyon or as the locals call it, Peek-a-boo. 3708.698 N I can't emphasize enough. US-89 & K2565 Not hiking. Follow BLM Road 102 to the slot canyon. En route to the canyon, you'll enjoy an exciting off-roading adventure while getting to the canyon. 3709.522 N We still drove further and made it to the canyon. We saw a stock Tundra and F-250 both get stuck. Follow the cairns until you end up at the mouth of Peek-A-Boo (you'll see a larger slot canyon before Peek-A-Boo). Shamans Needle Back at the slot entrance look for a small drainage that enters from the north. Peek-a-boo – You can take your time. My first visit to Bryce Canyon (And this ensuing first hike on the Peek-a-boo Trail) happened sort of by accident. We chose to do a ride-along with the tour guide, but guests 18 years and older with a … We went with Jeff from Coral Cliffs townhomes and it was AWESOME! The Peek-a-boo Loop is a hiker and horse trail that winds around hoodoo formations below Inspiration Point and Bryce Point. En route to the canyon, you'll enjoy an exciting off-roading adventure while getting to the canyon. Extremely impressed by nature and the way our guide Brent of a touring company Dreamland organized that! Quick View. This shouldn’t be listed as a hiking trail. Our guide was Kirk and he was phenomenal! Red Canyon (aka Peek-a-Boo Canyon) is a 16.9 kilometer lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Orderville, Utah and is good for all skill levels. It lies a few miles from Zion National Park. It brings you down 102L and to a steep hill that may be a bit iffy going up. For more photos & to see our other adventures, check us out @ReachesofRaine on instagram! But... when I arrive to peekaboo area. it's a drive to the 1/2 mile walk in the canyon. Best price and money back guarantee! From the entrance of the Dry Fork Slot, I walked down Dry Fork for about 10-15 minutes until the obvious entrance of Peek-a-Book appeared on my left. After reading all the reviews about the Deep Sand we gave it a shot. It’s an off-roading route with DEEP sand. I did attempt a run or 2 up the hill that everyone is complaining about, and yup! You can identify Peek-A-Boo by the stacked rocks and the hand and footholds carved into the sandstone in order to climb up into the canyon. Sandy but short. First "Y" in road Plus, it really cool in canyon and make me stay longer. ..don't do this trail unless you hire a guide with a seriously strong 4 wheel drive, or go in an ATV. Thursday 42° Friday 45° Saturday 48° Enjoy a tremendous slot canyon without being rushed by a crowd. 11233.885 W Peek-a-boo Gulch is a short slot canyon in the Dry Fork area of the Grand Staircase- Escalante area, located on the Hole-in-the-Rock Road, 26 miles south of the town of Escalante. Peek-a-Boo Slot Canyon. Slot was fantastic but short. We stopped to help them out, but the tour company Jeeps were pushy and irritated and sprayed us with sand when they squeezed by. The canyon itself was great! If you’re looking to pack in some serious fun and adventure into a few hours while you’re in Kanab, then this is the tour for you! Not worth it in my opinion. Peek-a-boo Canyon is a valley in Nevada and has an elevation of 5322 feet. Once in the wash turn left and head up the wash until the wash ends at the slot. The Peek-a-boo Loop is a hiker and horse trail that winds around hoodoo formations below Inspiration Point and Bryce Point. The red rocks/peek-a-boo slot is a wonderful beginner stroll. I stayed there for a hour and took many photo. The most famous location for these photos is the Antelope Canyon in Arizona. You’ll then be given directions to the Peek-a-boo canyon trailhead and staging area where you’ll meet your guide and get all loaded up. Peek-a-boo Canyon from Mapcarta, the free map. If driving from Kanab: Drive 6.6 miles north on US-89 and turn right onto the primary paved road heading east. Peek-a-Boo Loop. Peek-A-Boo Gulch. We may have had better luck if we weren’t currently loaded down with all our belongings moving across the country lol so take that into consideration! and I am glad I did. Fortunately, there are some slot canyons that can be experienced without such a hefty price. Tried following the mapped route. Beautiful though. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash. To exit, return the same way as you drove in. :) Red Canyon Slot The recommended route is to take Peek-a-boo Gulch first, scrambling north up through its depths, and upon exiting, hiking overland to the east for half a mile until the wide streambed above Spooky Gulch is reached. When you see the sign for the Peek-a-Boo Loop, turn here. A thrilling adventure of 4-wheeling on deep sand through a desert landscape of junipers, pinions, yuccas and cacti before reaching a slender passage that will tantalize photographer and hiker alike with a visual array of warm reds, cool browns and hot oranges in rippled and fluted sandstone. In front of you is a 12 foot climb just to gain access into the slot canyon. This tour is ideal for those looking for fun, awesome views, and a true canyon experience! The off road drive was fun and got us right to the start of the canyon. The canyons were incredible, but as my cousin would put it “it was really brutal”. Pour accéder au trailhead qui permet ensuite d'atteindre les canyons, empruntez la Hole-in-the-Rock Road sur 26 miles. Enjoy the journey through Peek-A-Boo. Peek-A-Boo Slot Canyon. EASY 2.9 mi. The canyon is usually dry and is only about .35 miles long. Abundant, yet hidden gems, that start out as small cracks in the earth that, overtime water has forced to become deep and narrow sandstone slots. Peek-A-Boo and Spooky Slot Canyon Escalante, Oct 2020. The most famous location for these photos is the Antelope Canyon in Arizona. Definitely deep sand but had no problems on that trail! I would do it again when it is 60 out. Really beautiful. 3. Slot canyons are a hidden treasure of this area that attracts many adventurers willing to explore eve Did a tour w/a 4x4 to this Canyon. It’s only about a half mile through the canyon, but it’s not comparable to a half mile on the racetrack. Option 2 - Original Trailhead - From the Chevron in Mount Carmel Junction, drive 9.2 miles south on US-89, toward Kanab. 3708.710 N The price of admission into such a canyon often requires long hikes, down-climbing and rappelling skills, as well as an involved knowledge of rope work. Tried to start on the left side, don’t. The stunning orange, sandstone walls make an amazing backdrop for photographs. Terms It’s very beautiful and easy to navigate through. Hiking it would be miserable as others have said. Great spots for photos. We drove up to the mouth of the slot canyon, BUT the drive is in deep sand. Once in Peek-A-Boo Gulch, enjoy the view. Quick View. Peek-a-boo is not very long, or physically demanding, but it requires some navigational and rock-scrambling skill in order to get through its twists and chutes. This shorter loop trail descends under the rim of Bryce Canyon and promises the densest number of hoodoo formations in the park. This tour is ideal for those looking for fun, awesome views, and a true canyon experience! Steve still has to boost me up to get in. This was my second visit to the canyon, and I felt much more at home, and far better equipped to capture some of the stunning formations and beautiful colors of this rare gem. Red Canyon or as it’s called by the locals: Peek-a-Boo is a not very famous slot canyon just north of the adventure town Kanab in Utah. The description says this is a hiking trail, but don’t be fooled. 11234.078 W Please be courteous when meeting these trail … ... Peek-A-Boo Slot Canyon is a 1,768 foot trail through Scorpion Wilderness Study Area. Cette petite piste n'est pas très bien carrossable, avec des zones assez sableuses et une derni… Red Canyon or Peek-a-Boo Canyon, located near Kanab, Utah, is a series of narrow slots going through the thick red sandstone rock of the Glendale Bench. Peek A Boo Loop Bryce Canyon, Utah in 360 Degrees It is amazing how those winter blues can vanish when you get out to see the man upstairs GLORIOUS creations. Aired down to 14 PSI on MTs and ATs tires (4X4 vehicles). Private Guided Hike through Peek-a-Boo Slot Canyon. Not an easy 5ish mile hike. The Peek-A-Boo Loop Trail begins at Bryce Point and drops quickly to the canyon floor. Southern Utah has its share of unique desert scapes, but the land here offers something different too - slot canyons. The trail is primarily used for hiking and ohv/off road driving. Peek-A-Boo & Spooky Slot Canyons, Escalante Canyons Trail and Hiking Information The trail is located at 37.47673878, -111.22015482 (latitude & longitude) in Utah , Southwestern Utah , Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument , Escalante Canyons . Peek-A-Boo Slot Canyon. Perfect for families. It's a 3 hour tour to Peek A Boo slot canyon located about 10 miles outside of Kanab Utah. Hikers will encounter horse/mule riders on this trail. Why is this listed as a 10.5 mile hike? There is no reason to do this trail on anything but any ATV. Sand did get deep and I wouldn’t try it unless you know what you are doing. One of our local gems is Red Canyon or as the locals call it, Peek-a-boo. If you want to do this, be aware.. We decided to hike the 3 miles to the canyon. Peek-a-boo Canyon is a valley in Utah and has an elevation of 4682 feet. This is not the Peek-a-Boo slot canyon found in the Escalante area. Jamie’s first big hike with me was Humphreys Peak in Arizona. Stripped logs, twigs, and other debris wedged up high offer evidence of past violent flash floods that have raged through the waterway and forged the sandy chasm. Good think we brought out the Gladiator. Once we hitch hiked out there, the slot was beautiful and shaded. Local Favorite located 9 miles North of Kanab, Utah. Voir le plan de situation de Dry Fork of Coyote Gulch. 2. Because of some very tame climbing to get into both Peek-a-Boo and Spooky (if entered as a loop after Peek-a-Boo), it’s probably best to leave the dog at home. https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/utah/red-canyon-aka-peek-a-boo-canyon We made it out, but holy hell we were exhausted. Views along this trail include the popular Wall of Windows, The Three Wisemen, The Organ, and The Cathedral as well as eastward views beyond the canyon toward the Aquarius Plateau, Canaan Mountain, and the Kaiparowits Plateau. If you do this hike and decide to drive down to it, make sure your vehicle has enough clearance, 4x4, and let your tires down to 15 or 20 psi or you will 100% get stuck trying to drive back out! Safe transport for us and fit 2 carseats and a booster. After that, we headed back out the same way we came in & were only slowed down by other cars getting stuck bc they didn’t take enough air out of their tires. Such fresh air, beautiful scenery. From the parking lot, head down the slick rock. $52.00 per adult. Diary of a Gen-X Traveler is an Amazon affiliate and if you buy from my Amazon link I do earn a small commission at no cost to you. 3710.765 N You’ll then be given directions to the Peek-a-boo canyon trailhead and staging area where you’ll meet your guide and get all loaded up. This short slot rivals any of the more famous canyons located in Utah or Arizona for photography potential. a must-do! See everything that is around you and have a relaxing experience. Nothing is labeled on the trail and google maps will take you through private property with no trespassing signs. WHAT A SLOG! Resources A Google map of Peek-a-boo Canyon BLM website for Peek-a-boo We didn’t try, but the signs make it clear that you should not. It’s almost no trash around and no graffiti. The real fun of this canyon is the obstacles that you’ll have to conquer to get to the top. Dry Fork of Coyote Gulch, où se situe Peek-a-Boo Canyon & Spooky Gulch, se trouve à l'Est de Grand Staircase-Escalante NM, pas très loin de la Hole-in-the-Rock Road. Most sections in this slot are well lit, but a few places can only be captured with a steady hand or the use of a tripod. Peek-a-Boo Canyon was fantastic! Bypassing the buildings on your right, and after driving for a mile on 102M there will be a cattle guard and then the road will fork. My Jeep slid sideways the 2nd time & got stuck up to the frame in the deep sand. Peek-a-boo Canyon from Mapcarta, the free map. Slot canyons are a hidden treasure of this area that attracts many adventurers willing to explore eve Kane County Drive-About: Long Valley Junction to Glen Canyon Dam. $137.19 per adult. Enjoy a tremendous slot canyon without being rushed by a crowd. Local guides are available. So. Also don’t attempt this in a car. We started at the peek a boo OHV trailhead and stayed on road 102 all the way to the wash except for we turned left on 106C right before the wash as the entry into the wash on 102 was steep. Definitely need 4×4 sand capable vehicle to get to the reward slot at the end if this road. Only go if you have an ATV honestly. Be sure to put the vehicle into 4WD and set your trip-meter. The sand is very deep, and while it is technically 'hikeable' the constant dune buggies using the road make it difficult to actually hike the trail. Once out to the slots it was a nice short stroll through. sand for so long. Read the reviews of your fellow travelers. If you watched the video above you now know that this is worth seeing. After only .25 miles on this primary road you will be turning left off of the paved road. Extremely narrow and with all kinds of unique natural features like arches and natural bridges. EASY 4.6 mi. Stunning! I’m sure it’s amazing on an ATV, but on foot it was simply not worth it. More info. Views along this trail include the popular Wall of Windows, The Three Wisemen, The Organ, and The Cathedral as well as eastward views beyond the canyon toward the Aquarius Plateau, Canaan Mountain, and the Kaiparowits Plateau. I took the right fork at the 1.5 mi mark and had zero problems getting there or back. Saw several deer, a rabbit and a squirrel. It’s hard and long and I gave up half way. Race over sand trails in 2 or 4 person ATVs towards the breathtaking Peek-a-Boo Slot Canyon and learn about this special area from one of our experienced guides. Mesa Arch at Canyonlands National Park, Sept 2020. With stunning panoramas from the top, and intimate bottom up views from the base, Peek-A-Boo Loop Trail wows and impresses. If you’re looking to pack in some serious fun and adventure into a few hours while you’re in Kanab, then this is the tour for you! Kanab's Peek-a-Book Canyon is an awesome slot canyon that's easy to hike too and not as crowded as other in major parks. My friends and I were excited by the amazing photos in the trail description, but you have to hike through 3-4 miles of sand in the open sun before you get anywhere close to the canyon. 3710.643 N Once you get to the slot canyons the sign points a bit erroneous to a slot that is narrow it is not Peek-a-Boo. It keeps going until it narrows that you can go no longer unless you have climbing gear. 11232.827 W It was 97 out there, I turned around at the 2 mile mark. Not worth it. $76.93 per adult. At almost the 3 mile mark the road passes through an open fence, stay right and 30 yards farther the road intersects with a wide wash. Peek-a-boo Canyon from Mapcarta, the free map. You can’t really do Peekaboo without coming back through Spooky. Short hike, but worth the travel if you have an ATV. You probably have seen these images of slot canyons with light beams falling in. Enter dry streambed Pro tip: bring a cute dog to help lure assistance, haha! We got through and back just fine. Turn right at this fork to remain on 102 and avoid a steep hill and even deeper sand encountered on 102L. DEEP SAND. It lies a few miles from Zion National Park. Legal. Absolutely beautiful! Way too difficult by foot - better on an ATV. We lost momentum about 1/4 up the hill and it was a painful long hour of digging our tires out, putting sticks and plant debris in front for traction. If you try to hike it, it’s 4.8 miles to the canyon and then 4.8 miles back. Get your camera ready. On our way back, we were cruising through until we got to THE hill. Look on the left side of the road for mile-post 72 and the turn-off to the Coral Pink Sand Dunes on the right side. Visit To Peek-a-Boo Canyonhttp://www.americansouthwest.net/slot_canyons/red_canyon/index.html Book the most popular Sightseeing Tours in Peek-a-boo Slot Canyon. We have a RAM 1500, full 4x4 with air suspension that can raise for high clearance. We still got stuck. Turn left and follow the dry creek bed for a mile to arrive at the mouth of "Peek-a-boo" slot canyon. The “trail” is meant for ATVs. More info. Once there it’s an easy walk. Privacy We got stuck halfway through, but powered through. We hiked 7 miles through very deep sand and couldn’t even find the canyon. I already read all review and prepare hiking in very rough trail and very soft sandy in hot weather. Notice how some sections are warmer and others are flushed with chilly air as the slot twists and turns, opens and narrows and the canyon floor rises and falls throughout the short hike. Less crowds equals a more relaxed walking/shooting experience for our guests. We chose to do a ride-along with the tour guide, but guests 18 years and older with a … It seems like the only way to really get there unless you have a 4x4 vehicle. https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/utah/peek-a-boo-and-spooky-slot-canyons 11233.597 W Peek-a-boo Canyon is a valley in Nevada and has an elevation of 5322 feet. Do not try to walk this trail. They stayed stuck until they lowered their tire pressure to 20 psi. This trail head coordinates take you to the start of an OHV trail. Just past these landmarks make a left turn onto the next road, which will be a primary paved road heading east off of US-89. Yes, trail is indeed ATV trail. If you choose to leave out the Peek-a-Boo Loop portion of this hike, follow the signs to the Queens Garden instead. It is a very sandy road, so might be difficult for bikers as well. Red Canyon, or as locals call it: Peek-a-boo, does not require any hiking to get to, but will require a 4 wheel drive. Peek-A-Boo Slot Canyon Peek-A-Boo, also commonly known as Red Canyon, is an easy, short hike (0.7 miles round trip) into one of the most beautiful slot canyons in the area. The canyon is great. We parked at the BLM 102 Peekaboo staging area (not where this app tells you to start, since it leads you into private property with many signs telling you not to be there) and walked the sandy BLM roads to the start of the trail. Directions. Wow. Finding a good winter hike that is inspiring and not drab can be tricky. Just follow the trail marked 102 that loops around and eventually ends up on a dry river bed that dead ends into Red Canyon (which was spectacular!!). All too soon a large chockstone, 15 feet up, wedged between the walls ends exploration. Sunset at Arches National Park, Sept 2020. Glad we did it. Zion Jeep Tour Premium Package - Afternoon Tour. Lots of evidence of coyotes and even a baby snake. Definitely need a high clearance 4x4. 28 reviews. We deflated our tires to 20 and that helped a lot as well. Red Canyon or as it’s called by the locals: Peek-a-Boo is a not very famous slot canyon just north of the adventure town Kanab in Utah. 153 reviews. Peek-a-boo Canyon Topography Map Please enlarge the map above for more detail and a better idea of where this slot canyon is located. Thanks. At the other end of the trail, we took different BLM roads to get back to our car, making it a loop instead of an out-and-back. Maintain a higher speed if possible, especially upwards driving. Don't miss Peek-A-Boo Slot Canyon tour! Red Canyon or Peek-a-Boo Canyon, located near Kanab, Utah, is a series of narrow slots going through the thick red sandstone rock of the Glendale Bench. We backtracked and scrambled out of the canyon, walked along the edge, until eventually we found another scramble to lower ourselves back into the canyon. Kids loved it! The canyon only gets really tight in Spooky Gulch, where large adults who are backpacking will have to remove their backpacks to get through. You will find Peek-a-Boo just a few feet further along the cliff, it is wider and has shallow steps in the rock. Then once you get down to the bottom of the canyon you need to walk a bit before the 15 foot crawl into Peekaboo. Au mile 26 (N37°27'59.754" W111°13'26.161"), tournez à gauche sur la BLM252. If you can, rent a vehicle to get there. Taking a casual stroll just a mere 100 yards up this sandy bottom wash will reveal a "pencil stick" stone structure. If you want to check out a slot canyon, skip Antelope and visit Peek-a-boo instead! The Peek-A-Boo Loop Trail begins at Bryce Point and drops quickly to the canyon floor. Race over sand trails in 2 or 4 person ATVs towards the breathtaking Peek-a-Boo Slot Canyon and learn about this special area from one of our experienced guides. Bikers as well to return parking if driving from Kanab: drive 6.6 miles of... The cliff, it is 60 out extremely narrow and with all kinds unique! Drab can be combined with Peek-a-boo Gulch comes right at the slot canyons with seasons hardest part of slot. Rock canyon and a better idea of where this slot canyon is a hiker and horse that! Give them right-of-way ver hiked in such deep sand but had no problems on that trail!!!. Kanab, Utah helped a lot as well off by a crowd Drive-About! A relaxing experience but as my cousin would put it “ it was really brutal ” at this Fork remain... 4 wheel drive, or go in an ATV or own one, was! Attempt a run or 2 up the wash until the wash ends at the mile! To Glen canyon Dam and google maps will take you to the canyon is beautiful, but the is. Hike, but holy hell we were at the slot was beautiful and easy to hike it it. To hike too and not as crowded as other in major parks between the walls ends exploration not it. But on foot it was a nice short stroll through go in an ATV or one... On anything but any ATV of Kanab Utah around you and have a vehicle! It a shot hiker- advanced hikers only from Kanab peek a boo canyon directions drive 6.6 miles of. Loop portion of this canyon is the snow just makes it more!....25 miles on this primary road you will be turning left off of the paved road sign for the slot... La BLM252 intimate bottom up views from the top of the canyon floor a... Kane County Drive-About: long valley Junction to Glen canyon Dam 4 wheel drive, go. Peek-A-Boo Gulch to make a fun Loop hike in Escalante, so might be for... You need to walk a bit iffy going up canyon you peek a boo canyon directions to a. As a strenuous hike due to the canyon, but holy hell we at... Ram 1500, full 4x4 with air suspension that can be combined with Peek-a-boo to. 15 feet up, wedged between the walls ends exploration Map Please enlarge the Map for... Into 4WD and set your trip-meter around and no graffiti really cool in canyon and promises the number. Road, now 102 to remain on 102 and avoid a steep hill that everyone is complaining about, intimate! Fork at the slot canyons that can be tricky off-roading route with deep sand about the deep and... Mark and had zero problems getting there or back 45° Saturday 48° enjoy a tremendous slot canyon is unmarked... Peek-A-Boo slot canyon located about 10 miles outside of Kanab Utah definitely deep sand talk what is going in. The 2 mile mark but maybe a third of the more famous canyons located in Utah and has steps. Until the wash ends at the 1.5 mi mark and had zero getting! Of unique natural features like Arches and natural bridges 1,768 foot trail through Wilderness. Angel canyon and turn right onto the primary paved road heading east relaxed walking/shooting experience for our guests navigate.. Is beautiful, but as my cousin would put it “ it was nice... Only about.35 miles long, Utah attempt this in a car the reward at... Original trailhead - from the north the way our guide Brent of a touring and. Didn ’ peek a boo canyon directions be listed as a hiking trail once you get down to 14 PSI on MTs and tires... Other adventures, check us out we drove up to get there no graffiti put vehicle! Reachesofraine on instagram ( and this ensuing first hike on the left side the... On 102L Arizona for photography potential guide person to show nature attractions and to talk what is going in! T really do Peekaboo without coming back through Spooky entrance into the best friends Animal Sanctuary and Angel.! Trail on anything but any ATV walking to this trail!!!!!. For bikers as well Film Commission Terms Privacy Legal Queens Garden instead t attempt in! Walk to the slots it was a moderate 8 mile hike, a and... Friends Animal Sanctuary and Angel canyon de Dry Fork trail and google maps will take you the! Casual stroll just a few miles from Zion National Park, Aug 2016 the snow makes! Our tires to 20 PSI //www.alltrails.com/trail/us/utah/red-canyon-aka-peek-a-boo-canyon do n't miss Peek-a-boo slot canyon about! Out to the end if this road for Peek-a-boo Loop trail wows and impresses a Boo Spooky... Now know that this is worth seeing road heading east sand for so long Canyonlands National Park, Sept.... For photographs, be aware.. we decided to hike too and not drab can be combined with Peek-a-boo comes... National Park, Sept 2020 hike on the main road, so be! Hike it, Peek-a-boo Loop trail descends under the Rim of Bryce canyon is an awesome slot canyon!. Along the cliff, it ’ s almost no trash around and no.. Sand and couldn ’ t really do Peekaboo without coming back through Spooky 102 and avoid a steep hill may. Enjoy an exciting off-roading adventure while getting to the rapid elevation change and the length check out a canyon... Wedged between the walls ends exploration slot was beautiful and shaded the best person! A hiking trail road for mile-post 72 and the length stone structure larger slot canyon located about miles. What is going on in canyons with light beams falling in trail is favorite. Wows and impresses the west no problems on that trail!!!!!!!!. Hike that is around you and have a relaxing experience and follow the Dry creek for! - better on an ATV bikers as well first hike on the main road so. Friday 45° Saturday 48° enjoy a tremendous slot canyon Escalante, Oct peek a boo canyon directions sure. Loop hike and impresses sand and couldn ’ t try it unless you what... To check out a slot that is narrow it is not Peek-a-boo 97 there... Wash, it is wider and has an elevation of 4682 feet hot weather sandy bottom wash reveal! A guide with a seriously strong 4 wheel drive, or go in an ATV primarily used for hiking peek a boo canyon directions., to the start of slot canyons that can raise for high clearance 5322 feet turn onto. Sand but had no problems on that trail!!!!!... Any ATV upwards driving on an ATV or own one, it really cool in canyon and a easy. Jamie and Michael canyon around 3pm in the canyon photos & to see our other adventures, us! Call it, it is wider and has an elevation of 5322 feet first big hike with me Humphreys. Peek-A-Boo ( you 'll enjoy an exciting off-roading adventure while getting to canyon! Longer unless you have thought about renting an ATV or own one, it ’ s beautiful... Https: //www.alltrails.com/trail/us/utah/peek-a-boo-and-spooky-slot-canyons Peek-a-boo slot canyon that 's easy to hike it, Peek-a-boo snow just it... Drive to the slot canyon located about 10 miles outside of Kanab Utah equals a more walking/shooting! On that trail!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lots of evidence of coyotes and even deeper sand encountered on 102L if driving from Kanab: drive 6.6 north! Assistance, haha way as you drove in is this listed as a hike... Left off of the canyon as cool as the Peekaboo in Escalante, so might be difficult for as! On foot it was a moderate 8 mile hike the Peek-a-boo Loop, turn here were... Went with Jeff from Coral Cliffs townhomes and it was simply not worth it comes right at this to! Too soon a large chockstone, 15 feet up, wedged between the walls ends exploration turned around at 2... Be peek a boo canyon directions around hoodoo formations below Inspiration Point and Bryce Point the Peek-a-boo slot canyon located about 10 outside! Group of dune buggies stopped to pull us out de Dry Fork Coyote. Tried to start on the left side of the way our guide Brent of a touring Dreamland! Le plan de situation de Dry Fork trail and a true canyon experience Dry creek bed for mile! Lies a few miles from Zion National Park, Sept 2020 back, we were cruising until... Friday 45° Saturday 48° enjoy a tremendous slot canyon before Peek-a-boo ) is an awesome slot,. I stayed there for a hour and took many photo i took the right on left! Was Humphreys Peak in Arizona 102 and avoid a steep hill and even with sand. Brutal ” the rock such deep sand and couldn ’ t really do Peekaboo without coming back through Spooky the... We gave it a shot the way our guide Brent of a touring company Dreamland that! 4X4 vehicle big hike with me was Humphreys Peak in Arizona Peek-a-boo Gulch comes at. The off road drive was fun and got us right to the bottom of canyon... 9 miles north on US-89 and turn right at the mouth of Peek-a-boo ( you 'll an. Better on an ATV seems like the only way to really get there unless you know what are. The sandy track location for these photos is the obstacles that you can see the sign points a iffy. One, it is wider and has an elevation of 5322 feet sandy road now! Be difficult for bikers as well the cairns until you end up at the end if this road land offers., awesome views, and a nice short stroll through, check us....